A Shout-out to Atty. Romeo Batino



It was early Sunday morning when I was told that my good Labor Standards professor, Atty. Romeo Batino, passed away.

Most law professors make a name for themselves through tough juice teaching. Seemingly, this method has become the norm which students must embrace in law schools. That’s not the case for Atty. Batino. His teaching method is considered unorthodox in law school. He understood the student’s innocence in the craft.

My Labor Standards class was always lively contrary to what others were saying. It also helped that most were working students. Atty. Batino interacted with us to the point that he never left any questions hanging. Ask questions to other professors and you’ll get scolded for laziness to study or just for plain accidental stupidity.

I, myself, never thought of getting interested in the field of Labor Law. Atty. Batino made me appreciate it more simply because I learned more from him.

To him, I will dedicate my first labor case win.

Journey well Sir…

No comments:

Post a Comment